- Low Voltage switchgear has registered a good growth of 22% due to revival in growth of Realty, Infrastructure & other manufacturing industries.
- Distribution Transformer (Especially Up to 25 KVA – REC range) & Energy Meters demand is declined by 12% & 14% respectively due to poor off-take from utilities due to delay in finalization of orders under Govt. schemes like DDUGVYJ and IPDS
- Growth in Power Transformer & High voltage Switchgear is due to domestic orders arising from new substation additions especially for above 220 KV
- Marginal growth in LT motors, declining trend for other motors due to Imports & core sector industry capex not taking off
- Cable, TLT register moderate growth;
- 5% decline in Conductors demand is due to delay in order finalizations
- Exports supporting growth of overall industry especially Power Transformers, Cables & HV Switchgear products
The electrical and industrial electronics industry has witnessed a 4% growth in the year 2016-17 over the previous year. In the last Quarter, 5.5% growth was registered after a deceleration in Q3 (1.4%) and just 1.6% in Q2 over same period of last year. Growth in Q1 was 8.1%. The above data is based on production and sales data collected from member organizations, which represent 95 percent of the entire electrical equipment installed in India coupled with detail analysis of other non-member sectors. Salient observations are as under.