Quality Infrastructure Committee(QIC) is an Interplay and collective view on metrology, standardization, testing, conformity assessment, quality management, certification and accreditation, and regulation.
Vision of the committee is to improve Quality of Standards, Conformity Assessment, Testing, Certification Schemes etc. which will be achieved through Quality Infra in the country
Broad scope of the QIC includes;
• Advocacy for Standards required and applicable in India, in the domain of electrical technology and emerging ICT to the extent it impacts Electrotechnical standards (within the scope of ETDC of the BIS and the IEC).
• Quality Control Orders of the Government of India; representing IEEMA member interests in the formulation of such regulatory notifications, and their implementation.
• Mandatory Certification Orders of the Government of India; representing IEEMA member interests in the formulation of such regulatory notifications, and their implementation.
• IEEMA members’ conformity assessment related matters like metrology, test-lab processes, procedures, capacity etc.
• Actively engage all stakeholders enabling IEEMA and its members adopt and influence applicable IEC standards.