IEEMA Transformer Division conducts “TRAFOTECH” international conferences every four years, which have been very successful and have earned world class status. TRAFOTECH conference discusses state-of-art of design, latest developments, trends in material, best practices in manufacturing and testing, diagnostics and condition monitoring techniques etc. TRAFOTECH conferences provide a common platform for transformer designers, R&D personnel, Academicians, Manufacturers and Users to discuss state-of-art of technology and emerging trends.
Transformer product life cycle does not end with design, manufacturing, R&D and successful testing but in fact, starts at site with erection, commissioning, condition monitoring for a trouble free operation for 25-30 years. Users at site are more concerned about these aspects to manage the intended life of a transformer.
A decision was taken by IEEMA Transformer Division to conduct “TRAFOTECH Workshops” in the mid period of consecutive TRAFOTECH Conferences, devoted entirely to users and to address site operational issues of transformers.
The first “TRAFOTECH Workshops” was successfully organised in August 2012 in Delhi for 2 days, focusing on “Best practices of Transport, Storage, Installation and Maintenance of Transformers”.
Encouraged with success of 2012 TRAFOTECH Workshop and continuing with user centric approach, IEEMA Power and Distribution Transformer Divisions are jointly organising the “2nd TRAFOTECH WORKSHOP 2016” on 22nd & 23rd November 2016 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
The Theme: “Life Management of a Transformer”
The fundamental objective of Life Management of a Transformer is to get “the most out of an asset”, by ensuring that suitable actions are carried out to promote the longest possible service life and minimise the life time operating cost. The key planned actions revolve around areas of proper specification and procurement, design reviews, site maintenance, condition monitoring and diagnostics, condition assessment, refurbishment, residual life assessment and life extension.
The “TRAFOTECH WORKSHOP 2016” shall conduct 6 Technical sessions besides the Inaugural and Concluding Sessions. The indicative topics to be covered in these Technical Sessions spread over two days shall be:
Specifications, Design Reviews and Life Management Concepts:
- Role of customer specifications for adequacy and reliability for intended application.
- Design reviews for understanding and ensuring reliability.
- Theoretical aspects of Life Management Concepts viz. insulation ageing, water and particle contamination, condition classification, health monitoring etc.
- Failure concepts, causes, failure reports, failure analysis.
- Life Management methodologies
- Condition based, functional based,
- Electronic performance support systems
- Environmental issues
- Fire safety
- Noise control
- Leak proofness
- Energy efficiency
- Case studies
Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Experience with traditional test techniques
- Condition based and functional based methodology
- On line / offline continuous monitoring techniques
- Hot spot sensors
- Moisture in oil
- Winding tan delta
- Effectiveness of Diagnostic techniques
- Limitation of Diagnostic techniques
- Noise and vibration monitoring of Shunt Reactors
- Case studies
Condition Assessment and Refurbishment
- Defective and faulty conditions
- Condition assessment methodologies
- Finger printing
- Trend analysis
- Statistical analysis
- Typical OLTC defects and condition assessment, monitoring online / offline
- Typical bushing defects and condition assessment, monitoring online / offline.
- Critical wearing out of cooling system components.
- Repair vs. rebuild decision
- Site experience of repair
- Mobile site processing and testing
- Failure investigation
- Oil quality deterioration and reclamation
- Retro filling of Power transformers with ester liquids and performance of such transformers
- Case studies
- Wet transformers
- Insulation dry out
- Online processing
- Degassing and dehydration
- Insulation regeneration
- Case studies
RLA and life extension
- Residual life assessment
- End of life criteria
- Residual life enhancement
- Repair, Rehabilitation
- Up rating
- Life cycle data management
- Asset management
- Case studies
Distribution transformers – Issues, concerns and remedies (Subject to change) *
- Alarming failure rate of Distribution transformers – Causes and Remedies
- Health Monitoring of Distribution transformers-DTMS
- Operational issues of Distribution transformers and concerns
- Role of Standardisation to improve quality and reliability of Distribution Transformers
- Environmental concerns-Energy efficiency
- Retrofitting with ester based liquids for improved performance and fire safety
Conduct of Workshop
The TRAFOTECH Workshop 2016, covered in 2 days, comprises of six technical interactive sessions each concentrating on one key topic. Each session of 105 minutes will start with a presentation by a senior expert highlighting the relevance and state of the art status of the topic of the particular session. This will be followed by a summary presentation by the Rapporteur, of all selected presentations/case histories on the subject noted against topic of the session. The floor will then be open for delegates to ask questions to particular authors for clarifications/elaboration. The answers can be supplemented by any expert present in workshop, if required. Spot contribution and experience sharing by delegates will be encouraged.
The focus for each session will be on questions / answers and experience sharing for the benefit of all participants. Session chairman will give opening and closing remarks.
Call for papers/Case Studies:
Papers or Case Studies in the above mentioned areas are invited from the learned authors. The main topics mentioned above are suggestive and not restrictive. Papers/Case studies on subjects related to the theme of the Workshop will only be considered. The papers should be based on real and of practical nature, useful to the delegates in their day to day business of asset management of transformers.
Those who wish to submit case histories/Papers may contact the Organising Secretary for getting the standard formats and guidelines for submitting papers or alternatively can download these from www.ieema.org/trafotech2016. IEEMA will inform the authors whose papers are selected for the Workshop.
|Submission of full length paper / case studies:||16th August 2016|
|Scrutiny and acceptance of paper with modifications, if any:||30th August 2016|
|Submission of revised paper along with 2 slide summary for Presentation by Rapporteur:||20th September 2016|
|Notification of final programme of the 2-day conference:||10th October 2016|
|Providing link on website for downloading papers by registered delegates:||10th October 2016 onwards|
Best paper / case study in each technical session shall be rewarded with a cash prize of Rs. 20000/-
Who should attend
- Central/State/Private/IPP Utilities who are responsible for the operation, maintenance and life management of transformers.
- EP Contracting companies, engaged in the installation /maintenance of transformers.
- Transformer manufacturing companies who are responsible for the preparation of manuals, transport, installation, troubleshooting of site problems and after sales service.
- Manufacturers of equipment/instruments required for operation, condition monitoring and diagnostics of transformers.
- Companies involved in repair, overhaul, refurbishment and life extension activities.
- Research institutes and academic institutes.
|Category||Fee per delegate|
|IEEMA Members||Rs. 10000/-|
|Non IEEMA Members||Rs. 12000/-|
|PSU’s/Utilities/Discoms/Technical Institutions||Rs. 6000/-|
|International||US $ 300|